It is with great enthusiasm that I share that I am running for a seat on the Lexington School Committee. I have tremendous passion for our town, our public school system, and our community. Faced with overcrowding, budget pressures, and severe student stress, Lexington needs strong leadership from its School Committee. I am prepared to take on these challenges, with your support.
I am an attorney currently working part-time as an independent consultant for a municipal planning and community development firm, helping towns with capital improvement planning and school master planning. This directly-relevant skill set, plus the perspective of a working parent with children in the schools, would complement the strengths of the current committee.
Town Government Experience
- Town Meeting Member 2014 – Present
- Chair of Precinct 4
- Member of Town Meeting Members Association (TMMA) Executive Committee
- Permanent Building Committee (2015)
- Member of Appropriation Committee (2015-2016) – stepped down to run for School Committee
- Founder of the Lexington Parents Advocacy Group
- Diamond Middle School PTA Board – 2014 - present
- Fiske Elementary School PTO Board
- Treasurer 2012 – 2014
- Town Meeting Liaison 2014-2015
- Hancock Nursery School Parent Committee – President 2012 – 2014
- LexFUN Board Member – 2010-2014
The George Washington University Law School, JD ‘98
The College of William and Mary, BA, Psychology ‘93
My husband, Kevin, and I have three children in the Lexington schools, in eighth, fourth, and second grades. We have lived here since 2008 and are active in Cub Scouts, LLL, LUSC, In-Town Basketball, and the Lexington Ski Club.